I recently spent a week in various parts of California: visiting friends and family, looking around for job opportunities, and going on a hiking trip. It was a thoroughly enjoyable time. The first half of the trip I was in San Francisco. I got to see Heidi, Sid, Jenn, Amanda and Salvatore, Nick, Dino, Katie, and some of my old lab mates. The weather was great, so I even went for a bike ride on the weekend. It was cool to reconnect with a lot of my old friends and see where their lives and careers had taken them. Plus, the bay area is always a good place to kill some time.
Here we are with the view of the bay behind us: L-R Sid, Sid's downstairs neighbor, Sid's roommate, me (bike was not in the photo, but it did exist!)
We had a nice 4-5 hour ride, and covered something like 50 miles. Mine was a rental bike, but it worked well enough. We rode out and around Tiburon and back across the Golden Gate Bridge to the city. This was a view along the edge of the bay - it would have been a good photo, but my camera was on a weird setting. Anyway... a good time was had.
No comments:
Post a Comment